Saturday, March 30, 2013

another vintage ebay win

    Yep another Hank Aaron card!!!!   1956, 59 and 60 are all in my possession now, and this is both the roughest looking and most glorious of the bunch.  An impending play at the plate makes a perfect front of the card and a look at the stats for Hank's 1955 season makes a great back as well... 105R 27 HR  105 RBI and a .314 batting average.... that aint bad production.... of course over on the right side is a scary looking number that I dont think I have seen often...  15 errors from an outfielder is some scary looking stuff.... but I also notice it shows 93 assists and that says Hank played some other position as well.... so its off to baseball reference to find out what is going on here.. turns out Hank played in 25 games at 2B in 1955... something I had not known about....   and 6 of the errors were committed there...  so mystery solved.....  
     Oh one other thing to add....  with the Hank slide into the plate and the play at, I guess, third base on the Ray Jablonski card and the ground ball situation on the Ken Boyer, I have 3 great examples of why the action drawings on the 1956 cards are so awesome!!!  Now that is why I am fond of the 56s.

The lot also had a couple of 1960 cards that I didnt need and since I am showing so many other 60s, I figured no need to show them with this group.....  oh $40 shipped for the whole lot.....  another lot with no regrets.... having that Hank Aaron card is damn near prices...condition be damned!!!

Ok that should do, and yeah I can't believe I have nothing to say about the '58 Willie Mays/Duke Snider card..... but really rival fence busters pretty much says it all....
Thanks for reading and have a Happy Easter....


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice pickups Duane! Have fun at the show!