Friday, March 29, 2013

Completed page #3 --Who is the least acidic player in the majors?--edition

Well another day and another post of a 1960 Topps completed page, which I hope is as enjoyable for everyone to view as they are for me to scan.  I am glad to have been able to knock off as many pages as I  have in such a short amount of time.  I am still enjoying collecting these vintage cards though I am not sure I am a fan of having to pay close attention to condition of cards.  Ok on to the page, this one is much better than the previous page of blah, or at least this page is much more top heavy, but first who knew Don Zimmer ever was young????  I mean he has always looked like an old fat short guy to me and I can probably remember him back 30 years.  As a player the Zimmer fits in with the rest of these cards but Don is a legend for all his non player contributions to the game.
Of course its the card in the Paul Lynde spot that makes this page..... wait what Paul Lynde spot?  Center square folks, center square.... so that would be Tigers legend and HOFer Al Kaline who also happens to be featured on the best card I have ever pulled from a pack in the form of a 2012 ginter auto.     
  Kaline, who spent his entire 22 year career with the Tigers, well hell, he is known as Mr. Tiger.... so really for those folks up in the Motor City who the hell can top that.

Oh feel free to answer the question in the title in comments if its not obvious..... or read the only link as to figure out the answer....

Ok thats all for today....  I wonder if the next completed page will be better than this one?  tough to beat the top card but can it be deeper?  stay tuned to find out.

Let's make a deal.

No comments: